Make sure your firewall is up.
Try to manually run a windows update.
If both work, you're probably clean.
In the mean time, make sure that your antivirus is up to date, and actively running.
Spyware/Malware protection also is good to have running.
There's alot of hype about this one, but 3M out of 1B pc's isn't that big a deal.
There's over 100,000 worms, viruses, etc out there.
The same precautions count for all of them:
- Use a reliable antivirus, and keep it current
- use a reliable malware shield, and keep it current
- use an on system firewall, and verify it's on.
- use a hardware firewall and make sure it's working
- make sure your system is up to date software wise.
- don't open strange email attachments
- scan your email
- use a spam blocker to cut down on your spam
- don't visit bad websites
- don't use bootleg software from crack sites that may open holes in your armor or install nasties. .
See also: iant Internet worm set to change tactics April 1