Friday, November 7, 2008

Q&A: Photos in the school, do I need a release?

I'm taking some photos in my school and want to use them on my web site. Do I need any one to sign a release?

If you are simply covering a public event, then usually no. If however you intend to use these photos in any way that can be seen as an invasion of privacy, or for commercial gain, or use on a commercial website, then you should have all those show sign a release form.

A simple, sample release:
I ________________ Hereby grant all rights to (PHOTOGRAPHER) to sell or publish any photographs taken of the following subjects today. This permission is permanent, and I claim no future compensation.
Fill in all applicable.

Minor: ____________________________

Property: _________________________

Signature: ________________________ Date: ______________

A discussion of this and some other related points is available on MartialTalk.

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 Bob Hubbard. All rights reserved.